Lucknow, ‘The city of Nawabs, Tameez (manners), Tehzeeb (culture) and Shayaris (poetry)’, has always held a special place in India in terms of politics, jewellery, delicacy, music, and stunning gardens. The magnificent blend of British and Mughal monuments, the affable and pleasing hospitality of people, the extensive marketplace and savoury street food makes Lucknow a place worth living.
Although, in spite of the city’s versatile handout, the daily life with the same routine and ruts can take a toll on a person’s health and development. We all need a downtime once-a-while.
A varied weekend getaway from Lucknow to the nearby city Delhi, the capital of India, is bound to offer an eccentric and timeless range of experiences can help you combat stress and get away from an uneventful life. Delhi has such a number of distinct entities and history that you can put some of the ‘to see places’ on your bucket list right away.
With just 415 km driving distance between Lucknow and Delhi, you can have an incredible excursion away from the routine pace of your life. Moreover, you can cover the distance between Lucknow to Delhi in just 1 hour by booking Lucknow to Delhi Flights online. There are over more than 444+ non-stop flights from Lucknow to Delhi. You can start traveling and exploring the authenticity and playfulness of the Delhi city once you touch down the Delhi Airport.
Delhi is quite well connected, so whether you are visiting the city for a business meeting or for just travel excursion, it has a lot of options for accommodations and amenities for all kinds of budgets and purposes.
Some of the best places in Delhi that you must visit once in your lifetime are:
- Monuments And Pilgrimage Sites
- The beautiful Akshardham Temple
- The ISKCON Temple – well known as the temple of Vaishnav for Lord Krishna and Radharani
- Humayun’s Tomb, one of the first garden Tomb of India
- JantarMantar, the astronomical observatory
- Chattarpur Temple – popular for its spectacular architecture
- The stunning LOTUS Temple – Most important Landmark of Delhi
- Jama Masjid – India’s largest mosque architectural marvel
- Old Fort – Well known as ‘PuranaQuila’ is one of the oldest forts of Delhi believed to be built in the 16th century
- Raj Ghat – A dedicated memorial to pay your respect to Gandhiji
- HauzKhas – A gorgeous fort to explore for experience seekers and history buffs
- Whimsical Market, Malls, And Food
- Lajpat Nagar – A place for Fun lovers and Shopaholics
- ChandniChowk – Also known as the ‘Heart of the City’ is famous for its narrow lanes filled with stores and shops to buy inexpensive stuff. It’s also well-known for its street food
- ParantheWaliGali – Heaven for Foodies
- DilliHaat – A craft bazaar and food destination for art and crafts lovers
- Sarojini Nagar Market & Karol Bagh – Shop for branded clothes, accessories and electronic items at cheap and reasonable prices
- Museums And Gardens
- Nehru Park – A haven of landscaped and colourful gardens
- Lodhi or Lodi Gardens – A quiet and peaceful getaway to the sprawling green sanctum
- National Rail Museum – An exhibit of the collection of exotic trains
- PragatiMaidan – Display of traditional and unique crafts of India
Delhi has quite a lot to offer and it is somewhat difficult to zero down the list of attractions in Delhi. So instead of spending your weekends doing nothing, you should rather pack your bags and search for the available Lucknow to Delhi Flights for this weekend.